Verity Church exists
to honour and glorify God
The church is not a building; it is a group of people, a family of friends who are on a faith journey together. Most of us know Jesus as our personal Lord and Saviour, while others are still investigating. All are welcome.
Please feel free to contact us if you need prayer or have questions.
Verity Church Staff
Mission & Vision
- Reaching our community and beyond with the good news that Jesus saves (Luke 15, Luke 19:10)
- Teaching believers through the Bible how to love God and love their neighbors as themselves (Col. 1:28; Matt. 22:37-40)
- Sending those believers back out into the world to share with others the story of how Jesus saved them (Rom. 10:13-15; Acts 1:8)
What is Most Important to Us
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God’s work
- Equipping Believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: Taking the Good News of Christ to all people by giving, praying, and going
How We Do Ministry
- Loving Relationships: Acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Contemporary Worship: Vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Participation: All who want to use their gifts as part of the church activities.
- Reaching out to our Lincoln Heights neighbourhood to serve the people and share the good news of Jesus
- Caring for all ages with children’s programs and nursery, in addition to our services for the grown-ups.
That’s why we are called CHRISTians — we are followers of Christ, our Lord and Saviour. The information to the right gives a basic idea of our beliefs and theological positions.
As different people with different experiences and different callings, we don’t agree on everything, but we are all eager to learn together. You are welcome to talk to Pastor Stan or Pastor Nathan if you have specific questions about our beliefs and practices.
We affirm our belief in the one eternal God, Creator and Lord of the world: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who governs all things according to His will. He has been calling out from the world a people for Himself, and sending His people back into the world to be His servants and His witnesses, for the extension of His kingdom, the building up of Christ’s body, and the glory of His name. We confess with shame that we have often denied our calling and failed in our mission, by becoming conformed to the world or by withdrawing from it. Yet we rejoice that even when borne by earthen vessels the gospel is still a precious treasure. To the task of making that treasure known in the power of the Holy Spirit we desire to dedicate ourselves anew. Isa. 40:28; Matt. 28:19; Eph. 1:11
We believe that the Bible, consisting of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and the only final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. The Bible, as originally written under the inspiration and supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit by human authors, is the Word of God, the supreme source of truth for Christian belief. The Bible reveals who God is, exposes who we are in light of His holiness, proclaims God’s merciful salvation and teaches and trains Christ’s followers how to grow in relationship with God and others. Psalm 119:105; Matthew 4:4; John 17:17; II Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; II Peter 1:20-21
We believe in Jesus Christ in whom the divine and human natures are inseparably united. He is truly God and truly man, the eternal Son of God in the flesh, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin, Mary. He came to reveal the Father, announce the arrival of God’s Kingdom with word, miracles and deeds, and to offer Himself up as a sinless atoning sacrifice for the sins of the world. He was physically raised from the dead and then exalted to the right hand of the Father. In fulfilling the earthly mission of His first coming, Jesus demonstrated a life of victory on our behalf over Satan and sin, provided the only way for people to be rescued from sin, and opened the way to live a holy life as participants in the Kingdom of God. He continues now as the only Mediator between God and humanity. Jesus will, at the Father’s appointed time, come again in power and glory. Matthew 1:18-25, 4:17, 23; Luke 23-24; John 1:1-18, 6:37-47, 10:10; 14:6; I Corinthians 15:3-8; Hebrews 4:14-15, 9:14-15; Ephesians 4:11-16; 1 Timothy 2:4-6a.